Friday, January 9, 2009

A New Year

2009 begins on a brighter note than I would have anticipated just a few months ago. Back in October and November with daily increasing symptoms of disease, discomfort and distress I had begun to consider this year as my last year to enjoy with family and friends. I had set aside any plans for future projects and dreams. Now with a successful perientesis which removed three litres of fluid from my abdomen, stabilized CA125 and a new treatment plan I am feeling strong again.

The children are doing well in school. Their studies have improved tremendously and the teachers remark on their confidence and maturity. We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas with lights and presents and time together. Daughter participated in a live Nativity this year and both children performed in the Christmas orchestra concert. What a delight.

Now with a layer of ice on the ground and possibly more snow to come, I am looking forward to some new garden plans for the spring. Various fruit plants including some sweet rhubarb and some everlasting strawberries. I've always dreamed of having a small fruit farm. This will be small but also futuristic. I like that perspective right now. New perenniel plants as well. I look out at my drab sticks of garden now, shooting out from the wet snow and ice where soon color will burst forth. I can't wait.

1 comment:

MarciaB said...

This is wonderful news! I'm praising God for your renewed strength and energy.