Thursday, January 29, 2009

Progress once again

It would seem the Avastin is working well. The CA125 count is hovering around 17-21 which is normal on both scales accepted now for this protein in the blood. One scale, the traditional scale holds under 35 as normal and the newer scale uses 21 as the max. I'm having no discomfort or pain and the side effects are particularly mild. The most persistent difficulty is the continued weakness in my thighs. It's a deep bone fatigue that makes it hard to stand, walk or do physical activity for any length of time. So I am learning to pace myself when active and doing things that can be done easily sitting down.

I have a terrific support team that helps me with the heavier cleaning to keep on top of the household and odd jobs around the home. I am continually grateful for these blessings.

No comments: