Friday, January 23, 2009

The Sun

I noticed yesterday the sun is coming in closer in its orbit. I feel more warmth from it and notice it is more directly in my line of sight again. I miss the summer's sun during this cold season. Our new house has many windows which bring in much light, but on cloudy stormy days nothing seems to help.

Next week, I am scheduled for a third treatment of Avastin. This drug doesn't seem to have the side effects of other chemos other than fatigue. I take naps more frequently now. The CA125 is down to 17, remember under 35 is normal, and other counts are holding steady.

We are now officially half way through the school year. I remember with homeschooling how we'd count the days to 90 til we could celebrate this date. With my oldest, of course, his first semester at college ended before the holidays. He's now swept up into another semester of challenging courses. The younger two are doing well. They are signing up for spring sports which is yet another sign that winter is passing.

I've been dreaming of a week at the shore during the winter season. A quiet retreat to comtemplate, write and savor the shore at a different time of year. Some have told me the shore on off season is a delight. I think a vacation would help. I feel a rambly prowling spirit which may be a bad case of cabin fever.

No comments: