Sunday, May 11, 2008

Never Know What to Expect

I am slowly recovering from my second gem/cis treatment for this month. It was pleasantly surprising upon receiving my bloodwork two weeks ago to find my WBC was as high as 4.9 and the CA125 had actually fallen rather than rising while waiting for the treatment schedule to begin. It fell from 77 to 68, which the doc says is allowing for error in testing, but I had certainly expected it to be well over 100. Most of the discomfort I had been experiencing is diminishing already. The consequent fatigue and weakness is very hard to deal with even when assuring myself that it is short term. Yesterday I actually considered using a wheelchair for the first time. The muscle fatigue is so deep and overwhelming. Today I am putzing and resting, putzing and resting, slowly getting some things accomplished. Doing as much as possible while sitting is very helpful. I am expecting it to be a challenge to complete six scheduled gem/cis treatments through September. If it actually aids in keeping the counts down it will be worth it. One down and five to go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please be assured of our thoughts and prayers for you. This has been a difficult challenge for you and your family. I wonder though what your first thoughts are on waking up in the morning. Do you wonder in amazement that another day has dawned that you are still part of it? Does each new day bring a sense of God's presence even closer to you? Not sure how I would handle where you are at this time in my life with my family. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, wishes and dreams. Iris