Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Trial Run

The chemo nurse called yesterday very concerned about my platelet count. It had fallen to 10,000. Not having any symptoms of such a low count, the doc decided to wait 24 hours. Not to hold anyone in suspense, my counts climbed by 11,000 overnight and the anticipated transufusion was cancelled, but it was a good trial run for us.

Last year, after my admission, I had promised the younger children they could go with me if I was to be admitted in the hospital two hours away. Yesterday afternoon, we made all the arrangements, notified the school, etc. Last evening, I sat down and talked with the children about what was happening and prepared for the trip. It was good news not to be going today and also reassuring that plans had fallen into place and all went smoothly.

Meanwhile, I am living 'cancer free' for 12 days and counting.

Smilesiris, please be aware that this is a public forum read by many many friends and family as well as whoever else may join in from cyberspace. Some have expressed concern with your comments. The internet is a wonderful means of communicating with many but is also a ticklish forum to maintain privacy. If there is something personal you wish to address please contact me via another means. Thank you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Friend,

Even though we have not been in touch for a while, I continue to pray for you and your family.  My oldest is now at college--Houghton College in NYS and we continue to homeschool the four others with all the joys and challenges that entails.  May God continue to shine in your heart.

LuAnn

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SadofYou said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.