Saturday, July 5, 2008

Life a'Kilter

Sorry for such an absence. Life has been quite strewn about lately. My second treatment in June was cancelled due to low white blood counts. This was a disappointment, but the good news was my CA125 was 4.

Meanwhile, we picked strawberries and I was reminded of a favorite children's book Razzamatazz Berries, berries, berries everywhere, strawberries, huckleberries, raspberries tumbling all over the pages. I love the berry season. Tried a strawberry sorbet and it turned out quite well. Rhubarb has been tasty too. We made it to market one day for fresh vegies and the children visited their favortie honey stand for honey candies.

My July treatments went as scheduled. Surprisingly my wbc was higher for my second treatment than for my first. CA125 is holding steady. I've not been feeling well for this fourth of July weekend, but this will pass and next week is another week. We enjoyed local fireworks with our neighbors instead of any big extravaganza this year. So wishing everyone a Happy Fourth.

No comments: