Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Those Numbers Again

This is the second week my chemo has been cancelled because my counts are not recovering from when I had the flu. I have had so much chemo in the past two years that the bone marrow isn't rebuilding fast enough. I am feeling good at this point, but know that a continued absence of chemo therapy will allow that ever critical CA125 to rise again which will mean much more toxic chemo to shrink the tumors once again. It is now a catch 22 it seems. If my blood counts recover in this next week, I'll still have a chance of getting back on schedule, otherwise we'll be looking for other options.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you, even if I haven't been good about keeping in touch. I would like to visit you sometime, probably when the flu season is over since I'm always around the germy little people at Dynamats. Love to you all.