Monday, December 31, 2007

By God's Grace

Last year this time I was crying at the drop of a pin or the sight of a friend. I cried when I held my children and whenever I thought of future beyond the moment. Last year a doc had told me I was to receive only palliative care and nothing would give me more time.

This year after a year's continued treatment I have received the grace from God of another 12 months and can look forward to more. I've accomplished a Christmas of memories for the children including atleast stamping my Christmas cards before my typical June mailing. They may actually go out this month, so no Christmas in July for friends and family from me this year.

Looking forward, yet not knowing the length of my days, I want to use the time I have wisely and productively. There are things I wish to do with the children and projects I wish to finish. I've a list to check off and keep me focused on essentials but before all, I give praise to a mighty God who saw fit to provide me with a great doc and excellent care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dad always said he could look forward to a Christmas present each June...so see, we are so alike.  I still have a few cards to send. When I was dx 8 years ago I told my best friend I needed time to get all my pictures (hundreds) in albums before I went.  Well, 8 years later and they are still in boxes.

I also give God all the credit for me being here.  I have had so many praying for me during the years.  It was also a year ago for me that my only hope for a cure was dashed and the dr said the chemo would only extend my time.  Well, Kiddo, here we are one year later and still kicking.

Let's live one day at at time and you make memories with those little ones and remember we are in His hands.