Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Every day is a First and a Last

Every day is a first and a last. We start the day new and fresh with a clean slate no matter what happened the day before. We move through the morning waking up abit more with each task. By 9AM we have already had a last, a last morning, another last goodbye. We drop off at school with kisses and hugs, they run through the door and I cry. Then I fill my day with as much busyness as possible until, oh joy, it is 3:20 and I can once again have my children. I pick them up with hugs and excitement. I once again have my children with me, I hear their voices play, I'm making dinner and learning about their day. We move through the evening with many more first and lasts that hardly go noticed in the activitity, then we come to bed time and another last. A last day to hear them, talk with them, love them, hug them. We read stories and answer questions, soothe fears and plan for the next day. We kiss and giggle and I tuck them in with tears in my eyes  and pray to my God for one more day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My heart is with you... I've been there... April